NZ's Best Mulch and the Tradies 1st choice!
Bulk and bags (Bags approx 15L)..
Garden Mulch - A combination of fine shredded bark and bark fibres.
Ground cover, weed suppression, moisture retention, landscape beautification. The physical nature of these mulches make them suitable for sloping areas exposed to the elements.
To suppress weeds, retain moisture and improve microbial activity. Keeps soil cooler in summer and warmer in winter. Can also be used on top of large outdoor containers for improved moisture retention and as a natural look finish.
Daltons Garden Mulch is a combination of fine shredded bark and bark fibres. It provides the same benefits as granulated bark but also has the added feature of a natural look and a fibrous structure, making it ideal for exposed or sloping sites.
Acting as a protective blanket, it prevents soil moisture from evaporating during long dry periods and reduces weed growth by making conditions unfavourable for germination. As a mulch, it also stimulates a natural increase of soil microbes and earthworms which are beneficial in developing strong and healthy root systems.
Features and Benefits:
Silverdale, Mt Wellington, Mt Maunganui & Matamata
- An attractive alternative to granulated bark
- An environmentally friendly organic mulch option
- Reduces watering and suppresses weeds
- Forms a knitted barrier between the soil and the environment
- Encourages microbial and worm activity
- Natural looking and weed free
- Provides an environment to promote healthy root systems
- Helps to keep soil at healthy temperatures, i.e. warm in winter and cool in summer
- Great for the retention of moisture in the soil
- Made from New Zealand's renewable Pine Bark resource.
This is used extensively by the trade and is in many cases the trades only choice for mulching.